Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trial Run

I am not sure exactly how I will do at blogging. I have some free-time, at least for right now with summer vacation and only working part-time summer school, to try and get this running. I can't promise anything fancy right away, but with time I may actually add a song and links. If ever there were a time for me to learn, it would be now; with work, we won't be taking 3 weeks of vacation this year as we did last year!

Instead, we will be local, mostly at the pool that we just joined. I am also undergoing project organize my house. We have torn apart all of the closets in our house and majorly condensed. I feel as if we have discovered lost treasure in the items that we had forgotten that we own. Some great examples include:
  • credits for several rounds of paint to play paintball
  • restaurant gift cards
  • expensive calculators from college
  • a headset for my phone (I was going to buy one in the near future.)
  • gift bags and wrapping for most yearly occassions

Some things that I cannot believe that we were hanging onto:

  • birthday cards from as early as 1989
  • chargers for phones that have since broken and that we have already gotten rid of
  • over twenty-five empty shoe boxes

Let's just say that there were so many other things that we cannot throw away all of the trash in one week. We have a set limit of the amount that we can put out, and I would estimate that it will be 3 weeks before the garage is empty of our closet cleanings.

Alex said that this was as much work as moving and that we should just buy a new house!

4 comments:

E n D said...

Wow, I get to be the first person to comment on your blog--I LOVE your wedding pictures! I hope you have a guest room in your retirement home in Greece--I totally plan on coming to stay with you!

Ginnie said...

Hey patty! So good to see another person sucked into the trap of blogging :)

Jenna said...

YEah I finally got to look at your blog! I love it! Great Title

em said...

Patty! I found your blog...you seem to keep up on yours almost as well as I keep up on ours (lil-mil.blogspot.com)! I'm hoping you're up to something exciting for the summer...