Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happenings

I totally missed blogging during the entire month of October. Hmmm... I am not exactly sure how that happened, since I only work part-time right now.

Well, when I changed that calendar to November- crossing off weeks and even days has become a favorite of mine- I realized that we might actually have to finish cleaning out our old office upstairs to make room for a nursery. With 9 weeks to go as of tomorrow, that room is just about empty, with the exception of a pile of random pictures, an old shredder and an old plant pot. We are picking out furniture hopefully next weekend, but I at least already bought the bedding. I am going to be mixing different patterns in shades of pink and green. The lamps, storage bins and a few other things are polka dots. The curtains and bed skirt are gingham. I will have to post pictures once I get that project in order. Don't worry. Unlike blogging, organizing is something that I don't put off, so if you don't see a photo until after the baby is born, that doesn't mean that she didn't have a nursery. Here is a shot of the bedding:
The reason we put off cleaning out the office, besides laziness, is that I spend more time worrying about Halloween costumes. Alex had on a pair of white, suspender-like pants one day for fencing, and I said that he looked like an Umpa-Lumpa, from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Since I had a Willy Wonka Costume, he became, my side-kick.

I didn't make him do this dance, as they do in the factory in the original movie, in public.

I assure you that he does his share around the house. He is a good worker. Compensation is excellent.


We had a lot of trick-or-treaters this year. I think that our favorite costume had to be....
A TEN-YEAR-OLD BOY WEARING
- JEANS
-A SWEATSHIRT
-A HILLARY CLINTON MASK
AND CARRYING
- A KNIFE

We didn't quite get it, which is what made it great. We also had a few parents who stood close behind their children and watched them at each doorstep. When Alex tried to give them more than 1 piece of candy, they repeated as if they were robots, "Just one, please." I shouldn't judge, and I don't know the reasons behind the parents' insistence upon this rule, but I don't buy that one day of candy overload is causing the childhood obesity epidemic. Not sure what to make of that one...

2 comments:

em said...

Stingy parents = more candy for YOU!

CUTE BEDDING!! I find myself wishing for new bedding right about now, but Li'l Mil's is gender-neutral if I take away the airplane sheet...

Definitely not as exciting.

E n D said...

I loved your Halloween costumes!
The bedding is so cute, I can't wait to see the whole room put together! Good luck furniture shopping!